October 18, 2021
If you’re missing building professional connections face-to-face, you’re not alone. People everywhere are chomping at the bit to get back to business; and yet, variants of COVID-19 cast doubts on whether it’s safe to travel and meet in-person.
Being fully vaccinated, especially if you’ve been “boosted”, and maintaining the good habits and proper protocols you adopted during the pandemic should help you feel better about traveling for work and organizing or attending in-person events.
Given all the chatter about meeting in-person, it’s important to understand and be armed with the facts.
Here are the top 8 reasons why it is safe to meet with the right protocols in place:
- As of November 2021, 85% of adults 12+ are fully vaccinated in Canada, which will make it safer to attend events of all sizes.
- An increasing number of meeting and event planners (almost 40%!) are now requiring vaccinations for in-person attendees, creating a safer environment for all.2
- Do not take our words for it, check out Planner Pulse survey results
- If you’re fully vaccinated, breakthrough cases are rare, and if you get infected, it’s unlikely that you will require hospitalization.3
- From airlines to hotels, cleaning and sterilization protocols reduce the risk of transmission as you travel.
- Convention centers are also responding to specific protocols, and ensure a safe environment.
- Our MeetSAFE™ guidelines exist to help you reduce risk of transmission at in-person events.
- Good hygiene habits – wearing masks indoors, using hand sanitizer, washing hands frequently – severely reduces the risk of transmission.
- Thousands of people have safely organized in-person events since the start of the pandemic. See examples of how they did it by following #WeMetThere on social media.
- And finally – don’t miss out on the in-person experience! Meeting and event planners ARE moving forward, with almost 50% currently indicating that they are booking or sourcing new in-person events!2
For more resources and talking points to help you communicate with your event participants and key stakeholders, learn about Encore Canada initiative in advocating for the industry here.
Together, we can rebuild better and stronger.
1Encore Customer Survey, October 2021.